It's been awhile since I've posted. Since then I had my appointment with my neurologist for the trigeminal neuralgia. He upped the neurontin to 3600mgs. He said it's the highest you can take. It worked for awhile but after 2 weeks I'm having break through pain that at times can incapacitate me. Not sure why but I seem to have more episodes at night and a lot of times I can't lay down because it will make it worse. The doctor said that if the neurontin doesn't do it's job then they will probably add another medicine, and if after time that stops being effective then they will may do a nerve block. The thought of a nerve block scares me. Why? Years ago I had a nerve block done on my lower back and the pain was horrible, almost traumatic. I'm afraid it will be the same. I don't want to live my life in pain.
Each day waiting for the next episode to begin or end. Trying to explain to people how it feels so they understand never works. They look at you and well you don't look sick. It's so frustrating. I'm on medical leave right now because I mean how do you work when you are having an episode of pain? My husband has taken on a second job, we squeak by each month on money. What do I do? Sometimes I feel like I'm going to be swallowed up by a black hole. On top of everything else going on I go this thursday to get a biopsy done on my thyroid. I go back to my Neurologist on Dec. 7th and I'm hoping for a few more answers. Is there anyone out there that may have any tricks to at least lessen the pain of trigeminal neuralgia? I'd love to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment