Monday, November 2, 2015

I've decided to start a blog to kind of document my life and experiences through pain. Let me explain. About a month and a half ago pain started in my face. My first thoughts, 'damn my teeth are killing me. I must have a toothache'. At that time I had a bottle of amoxicillin and started taking it thinking I had an abscessed tooth. My teeth aren't that great and I need a lot of work done so that was my initial thought, so I started taking the medicine. Nothing changed and I noticed that the pain would come in volleys throughout the day and the pain intensified. I knew then, that it wasn't a toothache, that it was trigeminal neuralgia. I've had it before in my mid 20's, but we knew what caused it. At that time I worked in a Bath & Body Works and the neurologist narrowed it down to my system being overloaded by the scents and chemicals. I was prescribed neurontin. It helped with the pain and I had to quit my job. Once I wasn't around all the lotions, soaps, sprays etc and taking the medicine the pain stopped.... until now. I'm 40 now and never thought I would have to live through that pain again. My 2 trips to the ER were disappointing at best. The first visit the Dr. prescribed me tegretol, but it didn't seem to work. I had told her that I had TN before and was put on neurontin and it worked. Fast forward to a few days later.. I'm back in the ER. Different Dr. and I told him what I had told the Dr. I had in there before. He changed me to neurontin and gave me a shot of dilaudid. He said that the dilaudid may help me sleep. ummm.. HELLO!! pain killers do NOTHING for TN pain. Sleep? whats that? Since the TN seemed to be a hell of a lot worse when I would lay down. So basically, he got me high on dilaudid for no reason. Thank you for that since well it's probably gonna cost a few hundred dollars on my medical bill when it wasn't needed. So here I am walking out of the ER stumbling here and there to the car. I've gone to my family doctor who had me get and MRI and never requested me to come back. (switching family doctors finally). I've also tried chiropractic thinking it may help. My chiropractor is amazeballs!! Unfortunately it's barely relieving my pain. So here I am now still suffering in pain and finally going to call a neurologist. I'm afraid of whats to come! Medicine only does so much. My quality of life has diminished. I find myself becoming antisocial because hey who wants to go out and about having to worry what will happen if I have an episode of pain. At my worst, yes I wished death would come and lay his cold hands on me and take me away from this pain. But for now I'm living with it. This is just my first entry, I'll elaborate more on this disease and my experiences in hopes it may help someone or maybe someone who is going through this can give support. Either way I want to help.

No comments: